I started this blog to help indie authors. Indie authors write in every genre. I have friends who write erotica and friends who write some of the most gruesome, disturbing horror imaginable. I have friends who are pretty free with foul language in their writing.
I want to keep this site family friendly, and that means I don’t want some kid traumatized by something they see or read here on this site. To wit:
I will not post:
- Explicit sexual content or images
- Explicit violent content or images
- Other offensive content including that which is blatantly racist or sexist or otherwise bigoted, or which is intended to incite action against any persons or groups.
There are some things I will run, but with an advisory label, with content below the fold. These include:
- Images or excerpts from books that have mild (PG-13 type) sexual or adult-themed content
- Sample text with profanity
I know these guidelines are somewhat open to varying interpretation. It never hurts to ask. Sometimes a book with heavy sexual or violent content in some passages will still have sections of text suitable for the site. Ultimately though, I will decide what will and will not go up on this blog.
Should I choose not to post your material, that doesn’t mean I don’t still like you!