Here are the parameters for the 2013 Flash Fiction Challenge:
- Each Saturday, we will post a challenge, consisting of a picture and a written prompt. Award-winning author and photographer K.S. Brooks has graciously extended permission for the use of her photos for this purpose.
- Authors can participate by writing their entries in the comment section. The word limit for entries is 250 words. The word limit will be strictly enforced.
- Each weekly exercise will accept entries until 5:00 PM the following Tuesday.
- On Wednesday, we will open voting to the public with an online poll for the best writing entry accompanying the photo. Voting will be open until 5:00 PM Thursday.
- ONE VOTE PER PERSON, please. Duplicate votes will be deleted. Results displayed in the poll are unofficial until verified by administration.
- Each Friday, the winner will be recognized as we post the the winning entry along with the picture as a feature.
- In the event of a tie in the voting, the entry which posted earliest will be chosen as the winner.
- At the end of the year Indies Unlimited will publish an e-book with all the photos and the winning expositions, adding one more credit to your portfolio.
- By submitting an entry, the author agrees to these terms and grants Indies Unlimited the nonexclusive rights to publish the material submitted and waives any and all further consideration in return for acknowledgement as a contributing author to the final anthology.
We hope you will have fun, hone your chops, and call in all kinds of favors from your friends to get them to vote for your entry. Most of all, we hope to offer you one more way to reach a wider audience.
3 thoughts on “2013 Flash Fiction Challenge”
And reading the other entries gave me a sense of others’ writing styles and processes. It’s fun. What can you lose – an hour or two of time?
And we’re working on the 2012 Anthology of winners – so I think entrants have a lot more to gain than they have to lose. After all, it’s all free, and it’s all about the writing.
Comments are closed.